LACE ROBES

LACE ROBES
LACE ROBES

FLORAL ROBES

FLORAL ROBES
FLORAL ROBES

SOLID ROBES

SOLID ROBES
SOLID ROBES

The By CATALFO Series

Part 1: About The Brand

With Guest Blogger: Brianne Cail of Sincerely Bri


One of the many things I love about Instagram is how easy it is to connect with people - which is huge in the blogging world! And that is actually how I came across By CATALFO to begin with - I was instantly drawn into the romantic style and we know I love all things dreamy. It wasn't until a wedding show, Beneath the Veil, that I finally got to meet the designer Sarah Catalfo in person and turns out she's as lovely as her designs - like I had any doubts. 

I won't ramble on too much about By CATALFO because by the end of the month you'll know absolutely everything you need to know about the designer and the company. I was thrilled when Sarah came up with the idea to do a collaboration and I hope you enjoy the series as much as I enjoyed writing it with her! 

So here we go - time to learn a little bit about the brand! 


Photo by Arynn Photography 
Photo by Arynn Photography 
What is By CATALFO?
By CATALFO is a bespoke bridal wear label based in Toronto, Canada. Collections include bridesmaid dresses, bridal robes and bridal separates. 
How did you decide on the name?
Originally my label started as a line of sophisticated, flirty party wear and custom dresses called 'Maybe by Catalfo'.  In the past 2 years, I decided to focus on bridal wear and with that came a re-brand. So it felt very natural and fitting to evolve the label with the name By CATALFO, Catalfo is my last name.
Photo by Sounds Like Yellow Photography
Photo by Sounds Like Yellow Photography
Describe your company in three words. 
Sophisticated, bespoke, and fresh.
Where do you get the inspiration for your designs? 
A lot of inspiration for my collections comes from the stylish women that I get to work with. Like me, they appreciate unique pieces that come with a story and take pride in wearing something different. I have always loved textiles and mixed-media art, so I love designing prints which I then apply to fabrics. This method allows me to create some very unique designs!
What do you offer as a company?
By CATALFO offers collections composed of dresses, robes, skirts and tops for bridal parties. Since I am able to work one-on-one with each of my clients, By CATALFO also offers brides and bridal parties more options than what's in the retail market, through customization.  By CATALFO has the bridal party covered with all of the fashion they need for the big day; getting ready robes, bridesmaid dresses, and even custom wedding dress separates. 
We've also partnered with The Nail and Champagne Bar to offer Fitting Parties for bridal parties, by appointment. We meet with our bridal parties to collect measurements and design their custom dresses, while they also enjoy a VIP, luxury experience of manicures and mimosas, provided by TNCB. More information is available on our website (www.ByCatalfo.com).
Photo by Sounds Like Yellow Photography 
Photo by Sounds Like Yellow Photography 
Who would love shopping with By CATALFO? 
My clients always come to me with a vision. Sometimes it's one they aren't able to find at all, or in the Canadian retail market. Sometimes their ideas are as specific as a certain type of floral print in the colour palette of their wedding. 
My clients are creative and have their own ideas, often they are makers of some kind as well.  They are women who know what they want and have an appreciation for bespoke designs. They shop with By CATALFO because we're able to make their vision come to life. 
What's coming up in 2017 for the brand?
We recently just shot our 2017 lookbook, which will be released soon! Our '17 collection includes new dresses, robes and separates for bridal parties. There will be plenty of new prints and colours available, which I'm excited to share! 
Another very exciting milestone that we're celebrating this year, is that we now have a permanent studio space for Fitting Parties, design consultations and client meetings! I love hosting, so I hope to be able to invite lots of lovely brides-to-be and their bridal parties to see our space in 2017! But I believe that no matter what time of year, there's always something to celebrate! 
Photo by Sounds Like Yellow Photography
Photo by Sounds Like Yellow Photography
This is just the first post of a three part series that I am very happy to be a part of. I love supporting local businesses and this company, and Sarah's hard work, deserves all the lovin'. Keep your eye out for the next posts about Sarah as a designer and a bit more about how to make all your bridal daydreams happen with By CATALFO

Thank you to Sincerely Bri for featuring & sharing By CATALFO!   xo

Make sure to follow Brianne on social media: Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and check out her Blog here


No comments