LACE ROBES

LACE ROBES
LACE ROBES

FLORAL ROBES

FLORAL ROBES
FLORAL ROBES

SOLID ROBES

SOLID ROBES
SOLID ROBES

PART 2: THE BY CATALFO SERIES


Photo by Arynn Photography 

Part 2: Meet The Designer

With Guest Blogger: Brianne Cail of Sincerely Bri



Last week I told you all about the brand By CATALFO and this week I'm going to let you meet the brains behind the beauty...but l mean she is quite the beauty herself, I assure you. 
Sarah Catalfo is the Toronto designer at the head of the the stunning bridal fashion line that has collections for every type of bride. And as much as I love her brand, I love when you get to know the person who makes it all happen - it makes it all that more personal! 
So here we go: readers, meet Sarah Catalfo. 


How did you get to where you are today? 
In a nutshell, a lot of perseverance and passion. I was 17 when I started working on my business and have never taken my eye off the ball (even when it felt like the 'smart' thing to do). My family has also been an incredible moral support. 

What's been your biggest challenge creating your own company?
Finding time to juggle the commercial and designing aspects of By Catalfo can be challenging. Prioritizing and making the most of the time I have has become essential. I also recently brought on two talented interns to join my team and help out with different aspects of the business. 

Who are your style inspirations - personal, for your brand, or both!
Personally, I admire Eleonora Carisi.

I met her while in Italy, browsing her shop, which was a collection of everything she loved. Her style has an elevated sophistication that I love; even if she's wearing sweats.  


As for By Catalfo, my inspiration comes from thinking about my stylish customers. I ask myself; 'What unique pieces do they need this year'? 'How can I add newness to the bridal wear market'. I try to combine my design inspirations with elements of unique party wear.

How would you describe your own personal style? 
I could live in dresses, polished yet fun. I love colour and a bit of sparkle.

What's a fashion trend you can't get enough of?
Glitter; on shoes, accessories, etc. Obsessed.

Do you have a personal favourite design from your label? 
It's always changing, but right now I'm totally in love with the long Peek-a-Boo lace robe. 
And now for the fun bit...
What's your favourite type of ice cream?
Birthday Cake (Kawartha Dairy)
Who's your celebrity crush? 
I've always been on team Channing Tatum!
Cake or pie?
I'm really not a cake or pie lover. But I'm a huge sucker for gummy candy, especially liquorice!
Dream vacation? 
Whale watching in Sri Lanka.
You have to live in one season forever - which one?
Summer for sure - I love the sun and summer activities. I'd love to live closer to the equator, haha.
Dogs or cats?
Pugs.
What's your pet peeve?
When people don't like dogs.
Favourite movie of all time?
The Little Mermaid (and anything with Channing Tatum).
What's your guilty pleasure?
Black liquorice.
Photo by Sounds Like Yellow Photography 
Photo by Sounds Like Yellow Photography 
Thank you to Sincerely Bri for featuring & sharing By CATALFO!  
Make sure to follow Brianne on social media: TwitterInstagram, Pinterest and check out her Blog here

No comments